What is one thing you have been told you are good at but do not particularly enjoy doing?
- I have always been told that I am skilled in the majority of mathematical subjects. While I do not hate math or anything, I would much rather spend my time reading a book or writing.
Where do you see yourself in two years?
- In two years, I see myself as a college student living life to the fullest! Hopefully I have established myself at the university I have chosen for myself and have developed a friend group. Maybe even a little romance. That would not be bad. 😉
What is your favorite non-physical characteristic about yourself?
- My favorite non-physical characteristic about myself would have to be my ability to make others feel special. I love to bake for my friends and write letters, or even simply just listening to their stories. I know how wonderful it feels for someone to genuinely care about me, so I do my best to bestow those same emotions on others.
What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- Hmmm, this is a toughie! Honestly, it would have to be that I am an eloquent writer. I love when people put a value on myself that is completely irrelevant to my physique.
If you had three wishes, what would they be, and why?
- I wish that there were about five more hours in a day. I would use all five extra hours for five more hours of sleep. No shame.
- I wish I could make it so my dad would no longer have to work. His job stresses himself out a lot and it really makes me sad. He works immensely hard to provide for my family, and I would love for him to be able to take a month long cruise or a getaway to Yosemite. He deserves it more than anyone I know. He simply deserves a break.
- I wish I could work for Ellen Degeneres or Conan O’brien. I adore both of them so much.
What is your favorite hobby?
- I love to write!… which I am sure you already knew.
If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?
- I would love to go back to Alaska! I visited there on a cruise about two and half years ago, and it was the most beautiful adventure. Did you know in the summer, the sun does not set until 10:30 PM in Alaska? It is the craziest thing.
Where is your favorite place to shop?
- I loathe spending money on clothes! I would much rather spend $10 on a dress at Forever 21 then $75 for practically the same thing at Urban Outfitters. With that said, my go-to stores are Forever 21, Target, & HM. Do not get me wrong though, I do occasionally splurge on Victoria’s Secret! I cannot help it. That store is my vice.
What changes are you looking forward to in college?
- Being on my own! It will be a true test of my recovery. Regardless of where I go, all of the colleges I have applied to are at least two hours away, meaning I will not be able to just come home every day that the Mean Voices are loud. But that it is in a little less than half a year, and I know I will be even stronger come time for me to move into my dorm.
Do you have a favorite movie?
- All time favorite movie: An Education. Most of you have probably never heard of it, but you all NEED to watch it. Other favorites include: Pirates of the Caribbean, Ever After, The Little Mermaid, 10 Things I Hate About You, Back To The Future, Way Way Back, & Dan In Real Life.
Do you have a favorite TV show?
- My favorites include: How I Met Your Mother, the Bacherlor/ette (don’t judge!), Impractical Jokers, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Conan, Ellen, Hell’s Kitchen, Survivor, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, & Grey’s Anatomy.
Do you have a favorite play?
- I have particularly enjoyed Brighton Beach Memoirs, Agnes of God, The House of Yes, The Most Happy Fella (musical), the Book of Mormon (musical) & Godspell (musical).
What is your favorite animal?
- Elephants are the best!
Do you like to text?
- It depends. I like to text when I am not doing anything else. However, if I am eating, doing homework, or trying to read, I abhor even the thought of texting. Hahahhaha especially if it is on an unimportant topic!.
What type of makeup do you like to wear? Brand, colors, etc.
- I do not really wear any makeup! All I wear is eyeliner, and to be honest, I haven’t the faintest idea what brand I use. I am not inclined toward makeup whatsoever!
What are you favorite scents? Perfume, food, flowers, etc.
- Perfumes: I love vanilla! It is comforting and makes me think of my bedroom.
- Food: There are so many lovely aromas when it comes to food. The ones that come to mind at this moment in time are cupcakes, homemade nachos, bananas, peanut butter, and garlic.
- Flowers: Jasmine!
What is one thing you are looking forward to?
- I am looking forward to college! So many new experiences… now I just need to decide where I will be heading off to.
If you could only eat one food for all of your meals, what would it be?
- Banana & peanut butter. Hands down.
Do you have a best friend?
- No, not necessarily. Although I do have a coworker that I am just now starting to get closer to. I adore her. She is really supportive with recovery as well. I am blessed.
If you have kids, what would you name them?
- Boy names: Maxwell, Jack, Cayden, Nicholas, Wesley, Mitchell, Clark, Kyle, Malachi
- Girl names: Lucy, Lindsey, Annabelle, Hannah, Spencer, Cindy, Tiffany, Carly
Where do you see yourself living in the future?
- I secretly hope to move away to Hawaii or Alaska. I am obsessed with both of those states and I find them to be absolutely beautiful. One day. One day.